Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Teen Relationships

Teen Relationships- Column


How often is the word ‘love’ tossed around? It’s used enough in today’s society to devalue the word. Teens love their friends, their parents (sometimes), and then they love their boyfriend or girlfriend.
However, many teen relationships last no longer than a month or two. There are exceptions, but the majority are short, fleeting, and almost meaningless, so one might think. How can a relationship that lasts only for two weeks going to affect the rest of your life?
It can. Dating is how we test the waters to see which type of girls or guys we like, and which types we are most compatible with. A person who you date for a short amount of time can make you realize that you don’t want to date someone who is such a perfectionist, per se, or maybe you realize that the person you thought you loved isn’t really the type of person you want to be around.
These small things can influence the people you choose to associate with, and can put you on the path to finding a person who you can be happy with the rest of your life. I’m not saying, and I’m not not saying that there is a ‘soul mate’ out there for everyone, but I am saying that you can learn, by dating, what types of people you can be happy with.
So, don’t make fun of someone who dates nearly every guy or girl in the school, or even the person who seems so picky that they never really date anyone. They are both playing the dating game, and learning from every toss of the dice.

5 comments:

Seth said...

Very well-made article, good going. That being said, you need to make breaks between paragraphs more evident, and a little more detail may be a go idea. Try to crowbar in an interview somewhere, I believe it would help.

Gotpho said...

It is a good , structured article. No grammar issues or run-ons I see, but the little statement ( It's not a big deal ) about the " types we want to date " . That's "sort of" saying which types you find you NEVER want to date. Some people do this and they will stay single for a LONG time unless they try to date their " Not so types" ~ Do you get that? Relationships doesn't really matter on "types" But if the opposing partner understands you , knows things about you , doesn't hurt you "harshly " ETC. ETC.

Gotpho said...

~ I mean stay single as in marital status , Also you should delete the old articles , Save it on your jump drive or something.

Joy Jones said...

Nice! A bit choppy when transitioning between paragraphs, try pulling them together a little bit better.

Andree Writer said...

This is a very interesting article that has things that many people overlook. Now when I see someone testing the waters I wont be tempted to crack jokes because now I know they just want to find the right one. And if the right one comes along after 50 dates...who am I to jugde. I didn't see any errors but reread anyway just to make sure.