Friday, September 19, 2008

Restaurant Review (EDITED)

Have you been searching for a good local restaurant to eat at without having to worry about high costs? Looking for a great place to take your girlfriend out to eat without breaking the bank? Try one of these restaurants for quality food at a reasonable price.

Christy’s Wings-N-Things- 7 out of 10 stars

Christy’s is a quaint little restaurant located on the corner of Cesery and Merril, next to the Salvation Army. It has a warm welcoming atmosphere, with friendly staff and country-inspired décor. I ordered their most popular meal, the all you can eat honey barbecue wings, and was impressed with the flavor and sheer amount of food offered. Each all you can eat meal comes with fries and a drink, and are well worth their price. It costs $11.95 for a single meal, $21.95 for a couple, and $5.95 for children under ten. The first basket comes with anywhere from a dozen to eighteen wings. Unfortunately, you cannot share the wings with another person, and you can’t take home any wings from your meal if you decide to get a second basket. However, the food is filling and delicious, with a wait time of about fifteen minutes.

Nero’s Café Italian Cuisine and Pizza- 10 out of 10 stars

If you want a great place to go on a date without spending a lot of money, Nero’s Café is the place to go. Nero’s is an Italian restaurant that has a friendly staff, quick service, and low-priced food. The setting is lit by hanging lamps, and the center holds a bubbling fountain. The interior is slightly dark, but it gives the booths a more private feel. I ordered their pasta combination plate, which included ravioli, lasagna, meatball, manicotti, spaghetti, garlic bread, and a salad for $11.95. Service was immediate for my salad and bread, with a total wait of twenty minutes for my meal. The food was well seasoned, very cheesy, and very filling. I did manage to save room for their homemade canole, a dessert with a hard shell and filled with a sweet and creamy mix of ricotta cheese and chocolate chips. Despite the odd use of ricotta in a dessert, it was quite tasty. My entire meal cost $17.71. Also, for those of you wanting to take your girlfriend or boyfriend on a classy date, Nero’s has a meal for two special for only $19.95.

10 comments:

Mr. Charlton said...

Christy's is one of the most delicious heart attacks I have eaten! I like the Nero's 19.95 deal- I'll have to take my wife.

Good deal, I'm looking forward to the next article.

Tarik said...

Very informative, i have to say. Maybe you can provide some directions to these places. I understand that you did say what street they were on, but a little more info would be nice.

Jacob said...

iWell that is very informative like tarik said and i would like to know more about other places maybe somewhere Terry Parker students work at or something it's and idea and i look forward to reading about other restaurants.

Gotpho said...

This article is making me want to go to Nero's ,I seen it before but I've never tried it. I will one day >:P . But on the other side, you should provide information like when they are open ( time and days ).

ashley said...

very interesting. looking forward to more

Mikey Gartland said...

good article makes me hungy

Kelli said...

I'm going to Nero's on Wednesday! I've never been there even though I live right down the street from it. Good to know it's fabulous.
Good article or articles, not quite sure what to call two different reviews... Anyway, makes me kinda hungry and now I can't wait for dinner on Wednesday. I might get what you had!

Andree Writer said...

after readin this first article I was really hungry...lol...u basically gave me a play by play of what the resurants are like, and it was put in a way that I can invision it in my mind without ever setting foot in there. Good descriptions of everything. Overall, excellent!!

Katherine said...

good idea for an article.

Seth said...

This is definitely a good idea for an article, but you should also include directions to these places, and perhaps mention any special deals they have